How can I meet other bloggers and influencers in the area?
How do I get featured on your Instagram account? / Why haven’t you featured me yet?
Here are a few things that I look for:
• Are you from Seattle or the greater Washington area? (It’s not a super strict boundary, but if your account looks like you’re based in Florida, then there’s not much point in sharing you with a mostly Seattle based audience!)
• Is the post of a person? (Posts with people in the image do better than posts without. I try to avoid images with children in though, because I think that should only be shared by the parent!)
• Is it a personal account? (I don’t share business accounts so the account doesn’t look biased towards anyone in particular. I would love to be able to share some amazing local companies though – suggestions on how to do that are very welcome!)
• Is the image tagged? (I treat this as permission to share – also it’s the easiest way for me to track what posts are available to share!)
• Is it a photo post? (It’s not super easy to reshare a video or reel to another account yet!)
How can I get in contact with you?
You can do that on our contact page!
Who are you?
I’m Hayley – I moved to the Seattle area from the UK in 2017 with my husband. My social circles outside of work back home were with blogging friends, so I wanted to find other bloggers and influencers here but found it difficult to find them. I started meetups, and then created the Instagram page to share others so it would be easy to find your community!
How do you run the Instagram account?
I use Planoly to schedule posts for up to a month or so at a time (depending on how many I get through!)
I go through all of the photos that have tagged the Instagram account in the image and upload the image and the caption, then add a comment, tag the user in the image, and add hashtags for the first comment.
I keep track of who is getting posted on which day in a Google calendar so I can try to put posts on relevant days and make sure that I don’t end up posting the same person three times in one week!
Are there any other useful Seattle related links for bloggers or influencers?
If you’re looking for a place to take photos, then you must check out our Seattle locations map. If you need a photographer to take your photos, head over to our Seattle photographers directory (and if you are a photographer for bloggers/influencers, it’s free to be listed!)
Other useful Facebook groups that we’re in but don’t run:
• Seattle Bloggers Unite
• Seattle Girl Bosses